Join our Research and Consulting Team
CITAC Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a Downstream Oil Analyst to join our research and consulting team in London. The position reports to the Director of Consultancy and would suit somebody with 2-3 years’ experience in a role combining data analysis with client-facing responsibilities. Applications from more experienced candidates will also be considered.
The successful candidate will possess impeccable written and spoken English and French, requiring minimal editing except in relation to technical content. In addition, you will be able to manipulate complicated datasets in Excel with a high degree of accuracy, translating relevant outputs into incisive commercial insights.
You will receive training in downstream fundamentals, including oil products trading, and quickly gain exposure to a wide range of project work. At the same time, you will be expected to develop your own networks and gradually establish a reputation as an expert in the African downstream.
You will be expected to consistently produce work at a high enough standard for us to send out to our demanding client base and will ideally have some commercial experience in a data-driven position. You will ultimately play a central role in the production and delivery of our research and project work.
- Contribute to the full cycle of our consultancy work, from origination through to proposal writing and project delivery
- Contribute to various recurring publications (CITAC Monthly Report, CITAC Annual Report, CITAC Oil Refining in Africa Report)
- (Ultimately) edit our French-language recurring publications
- Work with the Database Manager to collect, cleanse and manipulate supply and demand data
- Maintain detailed energy mix forecasts for individual countries
- Update and maintain our African Retail Sector database.
- Impeccable written and spoken English and French (this will be tested)
- Excellent Excel skills; ability to manipulate large and complicated datasets
- Willingness to travel in Africa
- Working knowledge of Portuguese or Arabic
- Knowledge of, or interest in, East and Southern Africa
- Energy sector experience
- Accuracy under pressure
- Organised and efficient
- Creative problem-solving
- Competitive remuneration
- Discretionary annual bonus scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave (plus public holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
Application process To apply for this position, please send a CV (maximum 2 pages) and a covering letter (maximum 1 page) to email@example.com by 17:00 BST on Friday 7 May 2021. In the subject line, please write the following reference: Downstream Oil Analyst Position April-May 2021. Applications sent via other channels will be disregarded. This is a direct recruit (no agencies please).